Volleyball drills for all skills
Depending on the number of players :
- 6 against 2 (or 3 with trainer)
- 4 against 4
- 5 against 3 (or 4 with trainer)
- assignment may be:
- obligatory to play 3 times,
- end with a smash
- 2nd ball (distributor) must be overhand.
- groups of three
- 1 field
- one half of the field = winners side, other half = losers/neutrals side
- the 4 corners of each field will be numbered from 1 to 4
- on each half 1 group stands, the remaining group is a reserve
- the group on the loser side can serve and there will be played a rally
- Every time a player has touched the ball, he/she has to tap one of the 4 corners of his/her half. This must be done in numerical order.
- So when the ball comes to the group in question for the first time, the person who does the first contact, taps corner number 1. The person who does the second contact, taps corner number 2 and the person who does the third contact, taps number 3.
- The ball is passed over.
- The ball returns to the side of the group in question, but now the person who makes the first contact must tap corner number 4. The person who does the second contact, must tap corner number 1 again and the person who does the third contact, must tap corner number 2. If the ball then comes over again we start tapping corner number 3.
- You keep doing this until the rally is over.
- If the group on the winner's side wins, they get to stay and get a point.
- If they lose, they have to go back to the loser side.
- If the group on the loser's side wins, they must move to the winner's side, but they still don't get a point.
- If the group loses, they have to go back to the loser's side.
- If necessary, an assignment can be given to the group that lost the rally.
- Ball toss in pairs
- hitting back with one arm.
- Start with your good arm.
- 3 players are lying on the ground
- trainer hits the ball on the ground and
- then they get up
- and they play the ball in three over the net.
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C serves the ball to player B.
- Player B gives a pass to c.
- Player C passes to the mats.
Goal: try to attack/play 3rd ball on the mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball move one place in your own group.
Extension: When there are enough players one could also choose to place a block.
- Two players per half and then
- play over the net after two hits and
- turn out the next two
- If it goes very well, bring in a second ball.
C throws a ball to A or B
Set up a block on that side
Pass the ball over the block to the defence
Attacking from the middle
Change after 10 balls Variation: attack on outside or behind
1 plays overhand to 2
2 plays overhand back and moves alternately 3 meters to the left or right
and returns to the starting position.
1 plays the returned ball directly to the left or right of 2 and changes after 2 mints. VARIATION: 2 plays overhand
- Two teams 1 ball
- One does the underhand technique and the other pushes the ball against the arms.
- Make sure they are sitting low. After 1 min change.
- After 1 min swap and then show the falling technique.