Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
Hit to outside and middle
Beside the playmaker, the other players execute a pass, an attack, and a service.
The exercise is as follows:
- 1 Player 1 throws a tight ball to player 7
- 2a player 7 passes the ball to the playmaker
- 2b player 1 walks to the other line and joins the back.
- 3 the playmaker gives a set up to player 6
- 4 player 6 smashes the ball to the mat
- 5 player 6 picks up his own ball
- 6 player 6 serves the ball to the other mat
- 7 player 6 picks up his own ball
- 8 player 6 joins the line
- This can also be done a middle attack
After 10 minutes, a block is added
- this exercise, the attackers get the mission to immediately score with their attack. The defense has to prevent this of course.
A permanent playmaker is used. A number of attackers is on one side of the playing field with a ball. They play the ball to the playmaker, who will give the set up for the attacker.
If the attacker scores, he joins the back of the line of attackers (as reward). If the attacker does not score, he has to defend. Rotating happens in the following way. attacker - A - B - C - D - attacker.
In defense, A is the blocker.
Make it clear upfront what immediate scoring means: ball on the ground, even if there is no playable defense.
- permanent playmaker
- line of attackers with ball plays ball to sv
- Set-up to attacker 1
- If attack scores, join line attackers
- Otherwise attacker 1 to A - B - C- D- attacker
- In defense: A = blocker, BCD= back
T1 places to playmaker 1
Set-up to 2
Attack left forward
1+2 block, then back for attack
T2 plays the ball to playmaker 3, coming in from the right back
set up to 2 on middle or to 1 on right forward
VARIATION: Idem: to left forward
- 1 serve, pass to S
- S sets up at 3 meters to one of the passers
- idem other side
- make rally
- serve from the side where the ball hits the ground
-1 defender starts behind the end line - C plays high ball in the field - 1 comes in and plays overarm to S - S sets up backwards to 4 - Attack through the middle, attacker gets the ball - 1 will be attacker, and 2 will be defender VARIATION: with block,
Then with middle attackers and then with outside attackers
- bring the ball into the game; S sets up to left forward
- 1 diagonal attack
- all rotate one spot when ball is over the net
- defend diagonal attack on set-upper
- set up to left forward, attack diagonally; etc.
POINTS OF ATTENTION:
- when rotating, quickly to starting position
- all provide attack defense
- right forward block put straight
line of attackers on the 3 meter line
-C plays rally ball on attacker 1
- blocker 4 goes to the net
- 1 passes to S and calls where he wants the set up
(left, middle, or right)
- blocker follows attacker and blocks
- attacker gets ball, joins back of own line
- if the attackers score 10x, the attackers and
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball in the back field.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, which gives a set up for A.
- A attacks to this set up.
After the attack, A takes the place of B, and B will be reserve. The playmaker remains.
The outside attackers use one playmaker and the left side of the field. The centre attackers and the diagonal attackers use the right side with a different playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After the attack of B, A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a set up
- B attacks again.
| If you put pressure on the opponent with your service and attack, the balls easily get over the net. It is a must to process these balls properly and (quickly) set up another attack. Precision is of the highest importance. The responsibilities have to be clear and taken by the players. It has to be clear for whom the easy ball is and who passes it. The place to which the ball is passed must also be clear.|
The speed of the rally pass is also of importance. Particularly when the playmaker is forward, you can pass the ball quicker to the net. Closer to the net, you pass the ball a bit higher, so everybody has time to prepare for the attack.
Coach throws ball in to the six. They build up an attack
The six have to score from the rally pass. The four have to prevent this by blocking the ball and defend.
When the 6 have 5 points, change.