Volleyball drills for block / net defense
- Block position 2
- Block position 3
- 2 with ball at position 6
- 2 with ball at pole position 2
- Player on position 3
- Player at position 5
- Attack position 4
- Ball is passed to position 5
- Position 5 brings reception - Position 3 makes pass
- Attacker attacks in the street #compulsory
- Matt at position 1
- Block tries to block ball
- Positions 3 & 5 in coverage
- IF BAL IS BLOCKED = pos 3 & 5 have cover ball
- Cover ball - pass - attack
- Cover ball - pass - attack
- Meanwhile position 6
- Throw it yourself - attack behind 3 meter line position 6
- Attack towards position 1 #REQUIRED
- Turn over:
- Attacker becomes block position 4
- Block position 4 becomes block position 3
- Block position 3 becomes reserve at position 6 (behind 3 attack)
- The one who attacked behind 3 meter line, comes to play ball
Everyone ball and distribute along two sides of the net.
Gather at the right post
- Block move with a small step: during the block balls tap each other
- After the first move, switch sides
- Block move with one big step: during the block balls tap each other
- Move the block with two small steps in a row: during the block, balls tap each other.
- Block displacement with two big steps: during the block balls tap each other
- Block displacement with first small step and then big step: during the block balls tap each other
- Block displacement with exit: during the block balls tap each other
Place 2 benches at the net - 3 persons with ball on the bench - 3 persons at the pole at the net
- 3x 3 times blocks with displacement (then change)
Blocker must look at the attacker
- C gives setup over the net to attacker 1 - Blocker 2 should look at the attacker when he has to block. - 3 , 4 and 5 defend - 1 gets his own ball and 6 is the next attacker. - after 5 changes Variation: 2 block
Blocker has to watch attacker
- C sets up over the net to attacker 1 - Blocker 2 has to watch attacker for when to block. - 3 , 4 and 5 defend - 1 gets own ball, and 6 is the next attacker - change after 5 times Variant: 2 block
- 3 people at the net. (left, centre, right)
- 2 3 people at the back.
- On the other side 1 playmaker
- The rest is going to attack.
- Tim plays the balls.
- They attack the middle.
- The center on the other side of the block.
- The front left and right get behind the block to defend.
- The people in the back also defend on their position.
- After 2 minutes the players change.
- 3 passers in the field
- playmaker on the right front
- middle and outside attacker
- 3 servers
- 2 blockers
- It's all about the pass.
- You may not be able to attack the ball.
- The exercise is about passing the ball.
- After 15 balls you can change positions.
- Attacking and blocking 12 players
- Players A with one ball simultaneously play the ball to S at 2/3
- At that moment A4 with B1, B2 with B3, and B4 with A3 jump for a dry block
- S play a set-up to position 4 where A4 and A3 attack along or through block B1 with B2 and B3 with B4
- Position changes S are fixed playmakers; the five on their own side rotate through (chase the ball).
- jump on closet without hands
- block at the net.
- 3 people have a ball in their hands and stand on the bench at the net.
- The others make a line in the middle of the 3 meter line.
- The first one walks to the net and makes a block jump while touching the ball.
- You go center --> left --> center --> right.
- Then the next one. You do 3 series.
- Part 2
- 3 people line up on the middle of the 3 meter line.
- The rest divide on the other side of the net with ball on middle, outside, diagonal.
- You throw the ball for yourself. The blocker blocks the ball.
- The order is centre --> left. Then the next blocker comes and goes centre --> right etc.
- 3 series
- field is divided in 2 parts
- on side 1 are 1 playmaker, the libero and the middle attackers
- on side 2 are the other players
- there are on each side 1 attacker and 1 blocker and a server.
- depending on the number of players there is 1 passer or 2 passers.
- the purpose of this exercise is to get in agreement with the distributor which ball you want to play.
- With the middle players we will practice on the 'rise' balls and other variations such as the 'neck'.