Basketball drill: filling spots and defending
Filling spots and defending
- Some game insight at fill the spot, be able to apply defensive stance (denail - helpside)
- offence: quickly see where there is an empty spot and cut through after a pass, defence: adjust stance according to how the ball is moving
- 4 players (U10) on a spot with defence, empty spot under the ring.
- Offence: pass the ball around and make a quick cutting move towards the empty spot below the ring, other attackers move up and the empty spot is filled in by the cutting attacker.
- Defence: adjust position according to the ball. (hands on the ball, denail, weakside help on the line ring-ring)
- 5 passes (calmly), then 4vs4
- Passing on: offence becomes defence, defence steps out and then becomes offence
- Possibly start with passive defence (hands on back) depending on players' level.
- Offence: good pass - in/out to deep bucket and high stepping out - placement of feet - attention to mistakes.
- Defence: anticipate the ball - check correct posture per spot before passing - jump-to-the-ball
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: