"jump to the ball"
jump to the ball
- Stopping two feet together, pivoting, lay-up and jumpshot must be known
- When passing, jump towards the ball with feet coming down correctly to start the next movement. (pivoting, start dribble)
1. Coach gives passes from position 1, alternating left and right from under the basket. Give passes where jump-to-the-ball applies.
2. Player starts under the basket (2 groups of 5 to 6 players, of which two/group have a ball) ==> fast; explosive exercise.
3. Run to cone under the basket and quickly pushes himself away towards the cone at spot 2 or 3.
4. Makes movement from the cone to the ball to get the pass and perform a jump-to-the-ball.
5. After getting the ball pivot and attack towards the basket (first lay-up, then shot)
6. After finishing, change sides and pass the ball
- Rapid explosive movement when running free
- correct ball acceptance (show hands) and foot placement
- pivoting and fast attacks without running errors