Hockey drill: backhand
- The backhand stroke is useful for a shot on goal but also to pass to your teammate.
- With the backhand, you place your left hand at the end of your stick and your right hand slightly above the middle of your grip.
- Usually you play a backhand from the barrel.
- When your right foot is in front you let the ball roll a little bit.
- Meanwhile you turn your stick to the backhand, you bend your right knee and then you hit the ball with the part of your stick just above the curl (make sure the ball doesn't stick in the curl otherwise you have no control over it).
- You can make the ball go low or high by turning your stick.
- With a diagonal stick the ball flies upwards, with a straight stick it stays on the ground.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: