Hockey drill: closed control and passing a guard followed by an open control and finishing on target
Suitable for the following techniques: ball control, warming-up, passing, attack, hitting, condition
Closed control and passing a guard followed by an open control and finishing on target
- Player RED comes out of the square and offers himself to player BLUE.
- BLUE passes to RED as he offers himself.
- Player WHITE pressures RED so it has to accept closed and plays back to BLUE (guard).
- Player RED makes an acceleration to the left or right next to the square.
- Player BLUE passes the ball to player RED looking carefully where RED asks for the ball (forehand or backhand).
- RED takes the ball open and penetrates the circle to finish on goal.
- TURN TO THE OTHER SIDE.
- RED JOINS AT STARTING POINT / BLUE JOINS IN THE SQUARE.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: