Korfball drill: distance shot and through-ball 4
Distance shot and through-ball 4
- Two players stand 7 meters in front of the post and eight meters apart.
- A player with the ball under the post and a receiver slightly behind the post.
- One player in front of the post takes the through-ball that is passed, after the other player in front of the post has received the ball.
- The ball is caught by the receiver.
- A1 becomes A2,
- A2 becomes A3,
- A3 becomes A4 and
- A4 becomes A1.
What can you see?
- The passer learns that the shooter can only take a through-ball if the throwing is calmly prepared, is thrown in front of the shooter and the ball is passed at the right height.
- The speed and trajectory of the shooter can be regulated by the speed of throwing, ball trajectory and ball speed.
- Learning to control problems such as timing requires a lot of repetition and sometimes adjustment of the distances used.
- The problems for the shooter, the starting position of the ball is different because the body is twisted for ball reception, lead to impure actions. Stay attentive to this.
- The action speed must be increased.
- Just like exercise 12, but the passer throws the ball to a shooter who dodges to a position diagonally behind the post.
- There is a ball through the centre where the passer must consider two opponents, his direct opponent and the shooter's opponent, as they are not far from the ball line.
- The marksman makes a feint shot and passes the ball to the player below the post indicating a through-ball.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: