Korfball drill: shadow running
Suitable for the following techniques: warming-up
PURPOSE: Warm-up (concentration and reaction)
ORGANISATION: groups of two, three or four in a defined space.
RUNNING THE GAME: slowly run behind each other, crisscrossing through the entire space. Number 2 always follows every movement of number 1 as quickly as possible and keeps a distance of about 1 meter. Switch positions after a while.
- now the front runner tries to get rid of the back runner by sudden feints and/or tempo changes.
- But now other movements are allowed as well: cross steps, jumping, lying down and getting up again etc.
- No more groups: everyone runs freely. The players run towards each other, make a feint and:
- then pass each other on the left.
- pass each other on the right
- turn around each other and run back