Korfball drill: speed ladder and reaction exercises (core stability)
Speed ladder and reaction exercises (core stability)
Speed ladder (the next one only starts when the first 4 squares are gone)
- Heels buttocks with hands on your buttocks. Every foot goes in every compartment 10x
- Hopscotch through the ladder on the left leg 10x
- Hop through the ladder on the right leg 10x
- 1 leg in the ladder and 1 leg outside the ladder, jumping up and outside leg in the ladder and inside leg out of the ladder. 10x
- Sideways hop on and off the ladder
(per pair/triple set out a rectangle of 2m by 1m with four different coloured hats)
- One player stands in the box, the other(s) look on.
- Put two lines on each side of the rectangle.
- The players in the box move their feet on the spot. (dribbling)
- The players are constantly given commands that they must respond to.
- Each time you mention a color of a hat, they must touch that hat with their hand.
- The command line means that they have to sprint to one of the side lines. At that moment the other member of the pair/trio enters the box and does the tasks.
- Everyone does this 10 times.
Assignments can include jump, squat, touch heel, touch knee, hop right, hop left, sit, plank, push-up etc. You alternate these assignments with a colour of a hat
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: