Soccer drill: long ball + pressure
Long ball + pressure
- Players divide into 2 groups
- 1 group will attack and the other will defend
- The attacking group will focus on the long ball and free play in a defended zone.
- The attacker at the central pawn decides to which side the ball will be played, the attackers at the other pawns offer themselves to the ball.
- One of the defenders (red triangle) will pressure the attacker who receives the ball
- The attacker passes the ball back and the central striker plays it deep
- The defender takes his place again
- The deep-lying attacker crosses
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: