Basketball drills for catching
- As exercise throw and catch, but pass the ball a little higher, not so high that you have to jump, so just above the head.
- Pay special attention to the catching and the position of the thumbs, a little closer together than in exercise 1.
- Players throw the ball to each other with two hands and catch with two hands.
- Position at chest height.
- Pay attention to either throwing or catching, not both at the same time.
- ...prepare for the ball to come.
- Eyes on the approaching ball.
- The arms are stretched out towards the ball;
- the wrists are slightly bent backwards;
- the fingers are spread and point upwards;
- The body reaches slightly forward.
- At the moment of ball contact, the fingertips touch the ball first;
- the thumbs and slightly the index fingers are behind the ball,
- so that the ball cannot shoot through.
- the speed of the ball is slowed down by bending the arms.
- The ball comes to rest in front of the diaphragm.
- Especially with 'hard' passes, it is useful to place one foot in front of the other while catching.
- free play on 1 or 2 baskets, depending on the number of players.
- PURPOSE: Quick passing, cutting, helpside, ballside, boxing-out.
- First team at 5.
- Loser push-ups 6.
- Depending on the number of balls.
- Pairs or alone.
- In singles.
- Start at your position, dribble to opposite side of basket.
- Set or jump shot from your position (guard, forward, center).
- Up to 8 hits.
- In pairs.
- Start from position, pass to opposite basket.
- Last pass must be good so that shooter in jumpshot is ready for his/her shot.
- Up to 4 touches per player!!!!!
- Losers, 1x back and forth slides in width.8 hoops/pawns for shooting positions.
- free play on 1 or 2 baskets,
- depending on the number of players.
- NO dribbles only passing.
- Half of the basketball players have a ball.
- These basketball players dribble all over the room.
- On the whistle they pass the ball to someone they first made eye contact with.
- The pass they use to do so is up to them.
- Choose the pass that is best in the situation.
- If you are close to the ball, do not pass.
- 2 numbers a few meters apart
- x number of chesst pass
- x number of bounce passes
- x number of overhead pass
- x number of bounce pass out
- x number of baseball pass
- Add if necessary
- pass from the dribble
Players gather on the right or left side of the center line.
The first two have a ball.
There are two catchers under the basket.
From the center line you dribble to the basket and make a lay-up.
The catcher catches the ball and passes it to the next player in line.
You do this until you have scored 15 times and then you change sides.