basketball drills for U18
- 2 or 4 teams (1 or 2 fields)
- Each team has 1 ball and is at the head of the bucket
- Take turns shooting
- If you score then you may go to the other basket to shoot a free throw
- Is it touching, it is 1 point.
- At 5 points the team has won
- Possibly you can turn it into a conditioning training
- When a shot is missed
- There must then be run to the back line and back
- A runs in and (runs or around his/her axis and passes the ball to B or gives a sliding flat to B).
- B takes the ball open and gives a weighted push (a push that stops rolling) in the course of player C
- C takes the ball and accelerates to the pilons line without stopping or slowing it down (hip just in front of the left foot is the easiest way to do this) C the ball in the course of Player D
- Player D runs through the ball and takes the ball strongly. He runs through one gives a backhand pass (FINGERS SPREAD) to E
- Player E takes the ball at once and gives a bouncing ball in the course of F that takes and scores!
- Player A must give a slide on B (let the ball slide off your stick)
- Persist: you are chasing your ball
- Reaction speed and 1 against 1
- Divide the players into pairs and give them one number per pair.
- When the trainer says a number, the players with that number sprint to the center as fast as possible, grab the basketball and dribble to basket for 1 to 1.
- They get only 1 attempt to score. After their goal attempt, the ball goes back to the trainer.
- You can also call several numbers at once for 2 against 2, 3 against 3 etc.
- Numbers opposite each other.
- Increasing distance slowly.
- Pass with 1 hand up on 1 hand teammate.
- Catch with 1 hand and throw back. Continue until ball falls.
- Alternate right/left.
- As soon as this runs.
- Two numbers left and right midcourt.
- Throw with 1 hand, catch, pass with same hand on cutting player for lay-up.
- Left/right alternate.
This drill is meant to let the players work on speed, condition and a bit of footwork:
Start in corner A;
- The player will run in a row making sure that the fastest man/woman is in front, so that he sets the pace and can take the rest of the group with him.
- From point A the players will run over the blue line to the back line, then they make slides over the back line (the green line) until the bucket line, then they run backwards over the red line to the other back line, slides over the green line forward run over the blue line and again slides over the green line and backwards run over the red line.
- Then slides over the whole back line to point A.
- Every time you pass point A the exercise starts again, determine the number of repetitions according to the condition of the team and build it up as the training progresses.
- After a while you could also hang on to the exercise for example within 40 sec. 1 time. Are you too late? Push-ups, sit-ups etc.
On the picture below:
Blue = run forward
Green = slides
Red = Run backwards
- with the slides, bend the knees, the important thing is that the movement is fast but above all is made good;
- let the players start with a few second intervals, especially when walking backwards they will get in each other's way;
- when running backwards look forward, as if you are looking at the man you are defending;
- that the lines are not cut off.
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.