basketball drills for warming-up
- rebounder (1) passes to outlet (2)
- and runs behind the outlet along the sideline to the other side to get the ball back for a layup.
- Outlet (2) passes to a man in center circle (3),
- He then dribbles to approx. the 3-point line and plays a bounce pass to (1) for lay-up.
- (3) takes the rebound and is becomes (1) at the opposite site of the field
- With 10 persons or more, include one (4) in the far corner.
- In that case, (3) passes to (4), which then gives a bounce pass to (1)
- and then grabs the rebound and becomes (1).
- Two rows at the centerline
- The first two have a ball - Right
- From the center line you dribble to the basket:
- Layup (15x hit in a row, a player under the basket catches the ball and counts, play again if the player didn't count)
- Shots from bucket (7 in a row)
- The player under the basket starts when the dribbler starts.
- Coach goes further and further back.
- 4 groups of players in each corner of the field.
- 4 cones in the center circle
- 2 balls on each sideline
- player sprints to the cone
- defence slide to sideline
- running backwards (looking over shoulder to ring)
- then the next player starts.
- In a next step, after the defence slides, the player picks up the ball and finishes with lay-up.
- Take rebound and pass to next in line.
- player then dribbles to the cone and outside.
- Put the ball down there and then sprint back to baseline.
- Then the exercise starts again.
- Two lines facing the basket.
- One line is the Layup line, the other line is the rebounding line.
- First two players in the playup line have a basketball.
- The drill - First player in line with a ball dribbles the ball to shoot a lay-up.
- Shooter joins rebounding line.
- Rebounder joins shooting line.
- Coaching point- Aim ball and push it in small square on the back board.
For the trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.