Handball drills for
Use soft ball
- 5 players in the field without a fixed goalie.
- One aims for a maximum of 2 substitutions per team.
- All players attack together.
- When the opponent has possession of the ball, everyone returns to their own half.
- The one who reaches the circle first can stand on goal.
- The defense is mandatory offensively on own half.
- Scoring is only allowed from the other side's half.
- The goal of defending is to conquer the ball.
- Personal coverage of a player is not allowed.
- Coaches are game leaders, they explain rules, but do not punish.
- Attacker gets the ball back after mistake and may try again.
- Everyone dribbles within 9 or 6 yards.
- There are 1 or more dribbling tappers.
- If you are tapped, you are not free again until a ball is passed under your legs.
- Note, are you tapped while you have no ball, special assignment! Jump over a row of hats or hurdles with 2 legs, etc.
- Zig-zag partoon with flat markers: walk forward and backward, pay attention to light stride, especially forefoot.
- Then dribble to:
- Goal on side next to center line, put bench in front of it. Make jump shot.
- Left of goal 5 pawns: dribble slalom
- Do a head roll on the mat.
- Then to the right, there is a pawn at 6 meters, very diagonal to the goal. Make jump shot at 2 pawns standing in the goal.
All players will be divided into groups of 3
- All groups take place along the sideline
- Player A sprints 2x to the other side while players B and C do a power exercise on their place
- When player A comes back, she taps player B, who then starts sprinting Players A and C continue with the power exercise.
- The same happens with player C
- Every player runs 1x and does 2x the power exercise
Examples for power exercises:
- Jumping jacks
- 2 teams - 2 mats (or 2 or 3 bicycle tyres) - many balls
- Line up 10 metres apart, with a mat on each side and balls on the mats.
- Teams take the balls and dribble to their own side as fast as they can.
- Who has all the balls wins. (Good luck ;-)
- 2 teams with 2 mats each
- The team with the ball tries to make a touchdown on the opponent's mats, the other team defends and tries to intercept the ball.
- After a point, the other team gets the ball. Good physical defense, but no aggression!
- Ordinary handball rules apply.
- For example, twisting arms
- The bear
- The crab
- Push-ups, 4 steps sideways, push-ups etc.
- Lunge with arm stretch and stretch sideways
- Lunge with shoulder past knee
- Run from back line to back line at a fast pace.
- You make 2 pairs, number one starts running and number two counts how many times she makes it to the back line.
- Start with 4 minutes and build up with 30 seconds or 1 minute extra.
- Keep track of how many times each person has made it to the back line.
- Open swing (arms from left to right, leg moves with you), swinging ever so slightly further
- Arms swing and dribble (front and back and opposite)
- Monsterwalks - sit low 10 paces in front, 10 paces in back
- Crabwalks (same but sideways) watch out for knees
- Duckwalks (even lower) 5 paces
- Dribble and to number 4 (1 leg on knee and alternate)
- Hhigh knees, 10 steps
- Lunge (1 leg back) and rotate upper body - alternate
- Lunge - hip forward, arms extended upward - then hang diagonally forward - then hammy rock (hamstrings, toes up)
- Windshield wiper - sitting, legs spread, always move 1 knee in, 1 knee out
- Then turn on one side and hold
- 1 leg behind, 1 leg in front, first crouched, bend to knee
- then stretch and bend again and grab foot
- Then in this position turn arm in and out
- Planking, forwards and sideways with extension
- 123 in T shape (front left right back / front right left back)
- Squat jumps (short)
- Jumps - 123 high (with 2 legs and with 1 leg - also land on 1)
- Pogo squat or squat left/right (snap down)
- Push-up 4 times side
- Square - front - back side - front - back side, etc.