handball drills for Defense
- Middle builder plays the starting left builder
- The left build-up makes a passing movement inwards and plays the goalkeeper in the hands.
- Both defenders start with break run
- The middle builder goes into pursuit to intercept the ball
- The goalkeeper plays the left break runner
- The break runners play out the defender
- The free player finishes off
- Put one player on the circle and one player on the 9-meter line
- The player on the 9-metre line tries to put the ball in the circle
- The player on the circle tries to prevent this by keeping the attacking player away from the circle.
- After 6x the attackers and defenders change
- If both players have done this 6 times, the attackers change with the attackers from the other side.
Attackers have a ball.
- 5 plays to 4 to pass defender 1.
- 4 plays to 5 that passes the defender.
- 3 plays to 2 to pass the defender.
- 4 plays to 3 that passes the defender.
- 2 plays to 1 passing the defender.
- Defender 1 tries to prevent all players from passing him and defends with making contact.
- Each defender twice in a row, i.e. 10 actions in full.
defending the player in possession with contact
- arms bent forward
- blocking the way
- don't let your opponent run in between your arms
- push the attacker outwards
- counterpressure against shoulder that is inwards
- guide movements
- footwork very important, one must be able to keep up with the attacker
- keep contact with floor
- create pairs and divide them on the left and right corners
- each pair has 1 ball
- a pair of them start sliding at the same time from the 6m to the 1st pilon,
- then move out to the pilon at the 9m and move to the third pilon
- then sprint to the centre line at the same time to pass the ball back and forth
- join the line in the other corner
- Variations: On speed and the player without ball becomes defender and tries to conquer the ball
- Make groups of four, including 2 attackers and 2 defenders
- Place a mat he 2 defenders have to defend
- The 2 attackers have a ball that they have to ground on the mat
- Attention attackers: make different passing movements, and play with pace
- Attention Defenders: defend frontal, don't hang on to it, 1 leg in front and one leg behind
- possible expansion: 4 defenders, 4 attackers
- Distribution over the middle build-up, left build-up and right build-up
- Opposite to each striker is 1 defender and a goalkeeper in goal
- Play 3 against 3
- Instruct attacking team to perform passing movements, start without ball, shoot from a distance
- Instruct defending team: tapping the ball, defending frontal
- All players divide themselves over the left and right corner (in pairs)
- The trainer shouts and at that moment the players on their own side sprint around the pilon.
- Once around the pilon, one of the two gets the ball and goes towards the goal.
- First, without a defender, then one defender and then two defenders
- Each striker has one ball and there is one defender defending a mat
- The striker passes the ball to the passing point and gets the ball back.
- From here the attacker makes a passing move: pull over, dragging, mock pass, nillpass, land on 1 leg following with the body
- The attacker has to push the ball onto the mat, when you've done it you walk through the ladder
- Distribution over the middle, left and right
- Opposing each striker is one defender and one goalkeeper in goal
- Instruct offensive team to make passing moves: nillpass, dragging, cutting & in the run (if you can think of more)
- Give the defending team the assignment: Defend frontal, defend in the right way
For the Handball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Handball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.