Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- 1 defender starts behind the back line
- C plays high ball in the field
- 1 comes in and plays overhead to S
- S sets up backwards to 4
- attack straight ahead, attacker gets the ball
- 1 becomes attacker and 2 defender
VARIATION: attack on other position, with block, defense
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then gives a setup for A.
- A attacks this setup.
- A lines up at the other side who defends the ball and has to score.
After the attack, A takes B's place and B becomes a reserve. The playmaker stays.
The outside attackers use the left half of the field with one playmaker. The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After B's attack A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a setup.
- B attacks again.
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player C attacks if the pass was good.
Goal: Try to attack/play 3rd ball on the imaginary mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball: A to row position C, C to row position A, B change after a while.
Extension: With enough players one-woman block.
Offence passes including arm movement
: practise dry-
with a skipping rope on the floor-
with 2 mats with a ditch-
with a springboard-
with a landing mat-
over a mat-with
- 2 setuppers (1 on each side)
- Player behind you throws/plays to
- Take your own ball
- join the other row
Attacking at position 4, blocking at pos 2 on the other side (if there are enough players also blocking at pos 3), defending at pos 1 and 6. After defending, the ball is caught by the blocker.
- 1 sv
- Defenders remain standing
- Attacker becomes a blocker on pos. 2, if also a blocker on pos. 3, the blocker stays standing.
- After 5 minutes the defenders (and blockers) change.
- Attack at pos. 2 and 3, blocking at pos. 3 and 4 (if 1 blocker stands where the attack is going on), defence at pos. 5 and 6.
- One player at the net.
- Everyone has a ball and the one in front has no ball.
- The ball is played to you by the person behind you.
- The distributor gives a setup to the outside and later also to the middle.
- 3 players in the backfield on both sides of the net.
- SV on both sides of the net.
- 3 reserve players on either side of the net.
- T.A. or FB SV to non-receptionist,
- 3-m attack to player who has not yet made a touch. (These 3 players go off the field and are replaced by the 3 backup players).
- Team on other side does defense and proceeds analogously as above.
- three defenders and one playmaker in the field
- three (or more) players stand ready as reserves behind the backline (in front of the three field players)
- rest: serve
- one of the three fielders defends, passes to a random field player, other field players make attacking movement
- only the fielder who has attacked moves up to serve
- one of the reserve players fills the vacant fielder's spot