Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Player A serves the ball to player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player D attacks.
Goal: try to attack/play 3rd ball on the mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball move one place in your own group.
Extension: When there are enough players, one could also choose to place a block.
- Team in line up in field A. In field B 3 blockers and 3 serves.
- Team B serves on team A who come to attack.
- Blockers try to block. Time change.
The trainer stands on the other side with a ball locker
- 3 players stand in the backfield
- the coach throws (later on pass or attack) to the 3 players
- the 3 players have to get the ball to the other side in 3 plays.
- the 3rd ball (that goes over the net) has to be attacked (preferably with a jump)
- for EVERY ball you must call it loose
- every player has to hit the ball once
- Throws ball to P
- P pass to S
- S setup for P
- P attacks
- pass except sv
- The field will be divided in two.
- We play in two groups.
- Per group you have a service-player and a reserve service-player, a playmaker, a striker, two reception-players and a reserve reception-player.
- Servant and attacker stay in position for x-number of balls.
- Service and reception players change places.
- Storage-reception-pass-attack (players change position in their own group).
- After 5 minutes there is a change of position.
- 2 players each side of the net.
- Player throws the ball over the net.
- is passed to the distributor and
- then set-up and
- then quietly over the net.
- Other side passes it back to the distributor and so on.
- Extend this to a complete 3-meter attack.
- Player serves ball.
- Passing to setter
- Setup gives ball back
- Defense to setup
- setup for attack
- Down ball or free ball is called
- Defence to setup
- quick pass to attacker
extension with block board
One side of the net
- Attacking player on his/her position
- Passer ( libero if necessary )
The other side
- 2 blockers ( center and corner ) --> 1 block if there is a center player on the other side
- Defenders on all positions
- Someone passes to offensive player and libero
- Build up and try to score
- Blockers set up a block go for the ball
- Defenders try to defend the ball
Attacking player gets 10 balls and he/she must try to score as much as possible.
--> possibly also let them use the 3 meter attack