Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- 2 pairs on both sides of the net with 1 ball
- The ball is played back and forth in threes;
- The back player passes, the front player sets, the back player comes in and plays the ball easily over the net.
- The players at the other side do the same
- Front and back players rotate every time the ball is played over the net.
- After that, a simple attacking stroke and possibly a hard attacking stroke can be added.
- 2 players leave the net,
- Someone else throws in a free ball, it is built up and attacked
- Team who threw the ball defends
- Reception, other player walks in and attacks reception player, reception player attacks, play on
- reception, other player runs in, buttons reception player, reception player plays high back and other player attacks, pass
- Create zones in the field
- Storage player calls street or slide
- In case of short serve: deep serve.
- On a deep serve: short
- Free match
Goal: improve condition in combination with attack/block/defense
T throws a total of three balls to SV.
- T throws ball to SV.
- SV gives a set-up pos 4 , where A attacks. Immediately after the attack T throws a ball, A defends ball back to C.
- After defense T, throws ball 2 to SV. SV 2é pace to A --> attack, C throws ball --> A defended back.
- T throws 3e ball to SV. Sv set-up to pos. 2, A attack on pos. 2, after attack Ball defend.
On the other side of the net.
- B same as A.
- B tries to block A's attack.
- After each block, defend ball from T2.
Goal attacking after physical and mental strain.
- T1, T2 & T3 throw at high speed a ball each for A1, A2 and A3 respectively.
- A1 pos. 4 --> attacking towards goal, after attacking around the cone and again attacking towards the mat.
- A2 pos. 2 idem
- A3 pos. 3 idem
Other players take care of ball safety. After 5 attacks change.
- A and A1 play their ball to SV1 and SV2 at the same time.
- SV high ball.
- SV1 & 2 exchange places + pas s to the corner, where A & A1 attack.
- SV, Block on attack from A & A1.
Intention is to load the playmakers. Pass to position 4.
- Service at position 1
- Pass on position 5/6 to playmaker
- Playmaker returns to the sideline
- Passer passes to the playmaker.
- Set-up to the outside, attack to position 5
- After service the server goes to defend
During home practice with 3 people, change after 10 services
During regular practice continuously rotate, and play on both left and right side of the field.
Arrangement of material:
- Cupboard with all the cones on it.
- The players stand at a certain distance from the cabinet, and throw/strike at the cones.
They try to throw off as many as possible in one go.
- This can be done 1 by 1, but you can also have all the kids together knock the cones off.
- Can also be part of an exercise (reward).
Arrangement of the material:
- Cabinet with a basket on top and a large air ball in it.
- The children stand along the other side of the net.
Course of play:
- The trainer stands at the net with a ball just on the net (height depends on the size of the player)
- The player hits the ball out of the trainer's hand, aiming for the big air ball.
Making it easier = throwing.
set up of equipment:
- Goal in the middle of the field, with someone in it
- Other players on the other side of the net.
Course of play:
- The players throw/strike the ball towards the goal and try to score in the goal.
- The player in the goal (blue) tries to keep the balls out of the goal.
Set the net as low as possible.