Volleyball drills for block / net defense
- 2 rows behind the back line.
- First 2 stand in the field.
- Trainer brings in ball.
- Pass left player towards position 2/3 then setup of right player.
- The passer goes to attack on own side of the court.
- The setupper does attack coverage.
- The two teams rotate to form a new pair.
- Extension: There are now 2 attackers at the net.
- The rest do exactly the same as before.
- Attackers come back from the net after the coach has brought in the ball.
- The setup always goes to the opposite corner from the set-upper.
- Pass from the right back, then left back setup on the right front.
- Set-upper covers and takes the place of the attacker.
- The passer remains standing and so does the non-offending player.
C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4- 1 and 2 after the block attack
3 and 4 defend, playmaker comes in
set-up to 1,2 or 3, attack to 3 defenders.
These defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
- C throws a ball to A or B
- Set up a block on that side
- Pass the ball over the block to the defence
- Build up an attack on the middle
- Change after 10 balls
- Variation: attacking outside or behind
- 3 x 3.
- a trio at the net
- a trio in the backfield
- a threesome other side of the net
- - 1. exercise to improve block: three at this side of the net throws the ball to SV, who plays the ball to the trainer in front left 4.
- Trainer smashes ball against block
- other side of the net must take care of the good running line.
- Defender must connect left or right.
- Left players must block together, right players must take the ball.
- The 3 in the backfield also take care of the good running line.
- Libero covers the block.
- After 3 repetitions the group changes, after 9 repetitions the whole group changes.
- Split the group into pairs.
- The pairs will work through a number of stations, where different tasks have to be performed.
- Station 1: A slalom through several poles, with an underhand pass at the end of the slalom.
- Move as fast as possible between the poles.
- Station 2: One player lies down on the backline, while the other stands at the net with the ball.
- Player at the net hits the ball.
- Player in the backfield then stands up, and defends a hit ball at 7 meters, or a prik ball at the 3 meter.
- Station 3: Player stands in front of a trampoline, behind player 1 stands a second player with 2 tennis balls.
- One tennis ball is thrown into the trampoline, player 1 catches it before it hits the ground.
- The second tennisball is thrown quickly after it.
- Station 4: Simple, good block jumps, paying attention to the technique.
- Station 5: Reflex training: player stands with arms outstretched, a ball in each hand.
- Player 2 faces the other player, and reacts to the release of one of the balls.
- Do not make the distance between players too great to begin with.
- Each station has a working time of 1 minute.
- The ball is passed in the middle, after playing it, the player blocks it 2x, after that around the pylon play again
- On one side you attack with three attackers, on the other side you defend.
- Trainer throws balls for the playmaker
- Cabinet part at good height.
- Push off with 2 feet and jump to the back of the box.
- Variation: after jumping backwards, to pass the attack ball.
- Variation: after jumping from the box, block on smash, backwards to pass the attacking ball.
- Pairs stand on 2 and 3.
- First a block single (pay attention, after block jump down and back, for defense), then calmly back to the net, then second jump together on 2, so 3 connects.
- Then connect under the net, group.
- Other side the same, only trainer smashed against the block at second jump.