Volleyball drills for condition
- Doing tuck jump has a profound positive impact on a volleyball player’s glutes, hips and quads.
- When doing this type of volleyball exercise you should keep your knees as high as possible.
- Plus, you need to spend as little time on the ground.
- Frog hops is the right type of volleyball exercise for developing explosive jumping power.
- If you do this volleyball exercise on a regular basis you’ll be able to strengthen the quadriceps and hamstrings over the time.
- As a result, you’ll be able to jump higher!
- Split jump lunge is the volleyball exercise that offers a great way of strengthening glutes, quads and hips.
- So, this exercise will have a huge positive impact on your vertical jump.
- It’s worth noting that this exercise requires some balance as well as a lot of strength from a lower body.
- It’s very important for you to take the right position before starting a split jump lunge.
- You should keep your knee directly over your foot.
- On the other hand, your knee shouldn’t go over your toe.
- Then, you need to drop down into the lunge.
- Now, it’s time for you to push both your feet simultaneously and switch legs.
- Lastly, you should gently land on the floor keeping your feet wide.
- You should also raise the opposite arm of your front leg while landing.
Divide children in pairs; 1 counter and 1 performing the exercise
- 4 hoops are in a square. The distance between the hoops is 5 meters. In every hoop is a ball. The player starts in a corner with a ball.
- Change as many balls as possible, in which the ball has to be put in the hoop. The player has to look the same direction the entire time.
- Every player has 1 turn.
- Count the number of ball changes in 45 seconds.
Directions for the counters
- The balls have to be put in the hoops. If the ball rolls out, the player has to go back to put the ball back in the hoop!
- All four hoops have to be processed in order. The player is not allowed to run between 2 hoops and change the balls!
Improve condition and power + warming up
Crack the code by doing various exercises
You can play this game with each 4 exercises you can come up with.
1. Divide group in two teams which are going to do the exercises.
2. The trainer makes a 10-digit code for example (24 32 14 21 33)
3. The players will do the devised exercises in a certain order. For example: they think that the first digit is 3, so they will do exercise 3. When they have finished this exercise, they go to the trainer who tells if the digit is correct or wrong. If the digit is correct, they try to guess the next digit. If the digit is incorrect, they will have to do another exercise, for example exercise 4, to guess to correct digit.
Exercise 1: 5 times pumping
Exercise 2: run the distance between the end line and the middle line three times
Exercise 3: 5 times blocking at different places/positions
Exercise 4: 1 slide dive towards the sideline, another slide dive towards the end line
The pair that cracks the code first, wins.
Goal of the exercise:
process 2 balls quickly and having to score
Explanation of the exercise:
- Passer and playmaker and attacker all three process 2 balls shortly after each other.
- Passer learns to pass a deepball diagonally backward and a short immediate after (learns to make large angles) the playmaker has to look for the next ball immediately after the first set up.
- The attacker has to go to the back as soon as possible after landing to make another attack.
- As trainer, you can indicate where the balls have to be hit, or the tempo of the set ups, or that the passer has to do attack defense after the first pass and then pass the 2nd ball
- Length of the exercise:
Condition, Feet work, Standing still and Pass
Group of 3. A player in the middle and two others on the outer sideline.
- Passer walks and shuffles backwards gives pass, turns, and shuffles backwards again for the next pass. etc...
- Pass 15 balls and change after.
Moving at blocking
Two players left and right forward at net (Player position A and B). All other players in two lines after each other.
- Player C and D together walk forward to the net.
- Player C and D together block at position 1.
- Player C lands after block on right leg and steps to position 2 to block A together.
- Player D lands after block on his left leg and steps to position 2 to block B together.
- C and D remain left and right forward after block, players A and B join back of line.
Improve reaction and speed
Repetition:In total, do 5 series of 10 balls.
- Players 1, 2, and 3 with ball in half circle.
- Player 4 before the 3 players with ball.
- Player 5 indicates, behind the back of player 4, which player has to let go of his ball
- Everybody 10 balls. Person with the most saves wins the game.
- Player 5 picks up balls if necessary and keeps count