Volleyball drills for warming-up
2 teams with 1 ball and between them a hoop. Throw the ball for yourself and make a smash in the hoop. The other catches the ball. Throw high and both arms in the air! Back and forth. Same, only now who will be the first to make 10 good smashes and catches?
1 minute per exercise in 4 equal groups (about 4 per group).
- Abdominal exercise with ball in your hand. Lift your legs and touch the ball with your arms. Make sure they don't lift the ball from your neck.
- 3 hoops and as fast as possible through the hoops.
- With backs against each other and give the ball over your head to the other.
- Jumping on a mat
- 2 teams, 1 towel.
- Trainer throws the ball over the net and
- 2 catches the ball in the towel
- Idem, but now the teams have
- hands and form a circle and the ball is caught in that circle.
- In and out with 1 foot in each compartment - In and out with 2 feet in each box - 3 forward and 2 backward with 2 feet in each compartment - Standing on the side with 2 feet in each compartment
2 hunters try to throw runners off with the soft ball. If you are hit you go on the bench. The runners have the hard ball, they are NOT allowed to run with it. They have to pass and throw it into the basket. If they succeed in doing so, all runners are allowed to return to the field. If the ball is missed, the runners must return to the baseline and start all over again.
2 teams (not too big), 2 mats and 1 ball. You throw to each other and try to smash the ball on the mat. Then you have 1 point. You may not throw back to the same person.
2 teams are trying to throw each other off. Net is on tennis height. When you're finished you're going to pick up balls for your teammates. When the ball is caught one team member can return. When you hit and catch the ball everyone can go back and the thrower is out. Who clears the opponent's field first? Fending is off, you have to dodge. You have to hit below the shoulders.
- In pairs carry out the assignment.
- 1 works and 1 has rest
- Bench up and down with 2 legs at the same time
- Push-ups, make sure they have their back straight.
- Stand at the net and do a run and after landing you tap the 3 meter line and run again
- Between 2 lines and move LOW and touch the side lines
- At the net and only block. Hands by the shoulders and jump up from the knees
- Leap over your buddy and after landing crawl through the legs of your buddy
- Jumping rope
- You can also double these exercises
- 2 fields, 2 groups and a ball for everybody.
- They stand in the middle of the field (near the net) with their backs against each other.
- At sign of the trainer they throw the ball and catch it.
- Only when they have succeeded, they run to the other side.
- Idem only this time they sit and when the trainer tells them they throw the ball, catch it and move to the other side.
- Idem lying on back
- Idem lying on belly
- Do each exercise 3 times and make it a competition (who has the first one on the other side).