Volleyball drills for warming-up
- Per 2 players, 1 ball
- Player A has a ball.
- Player B is at 4 meters from player A
- Player A throws the ball to player B
- Action during: Player A calls left or right
- Player B is catching the ball with the hand player A is calling.
- Idem for player B.
- Variation: 2 or 3 balls, tennis ball, reaction ball.
Improve condition and power + warming up
Crack the code by doing various exercises
You can play this game with each 4 exercises you can come up with.
1. Divide group in two teams which are going to do the exercises.
2. The trainer makes a 10-digit code for example (24 32 14 21 33)
3. The players will do the devised exercises in a certain order. For example: they think that the first digit is 3, so they will do exercise 3. When they have finished this exercise, they go to the trainer who tells if the digit is correct or wrong. If the digit is correct, they try to guess the next digit. If the digit is incorrect, they will have to do another exercise, for example exercise 4, to guess to correct digit.
Exercise 1: 5 times pumping
Exercise 2: run the distance between the end line and the middle line three times
Exercise 3: 5 times blocking at different places/positions
Exercise 4: 1 slide dive towards the sideline, another slide dive towards the end line
The pair that cracks the code first, wins.
- jump on one leg from the line
- as far as possible, keep standing still for a few seconds.
- all the way to the net and back.
- divide the group in two.
- The ball has to be passed 10x in 1 group.
- The other group tries to intercept the ball and then pass 10x themselves.
- Two teams are formed.
- The front players of each team have a ball between their feet which does not hit the floor.
- By taking over the ball with the feet in turns, the ball gets to the other side.
- The team that gets to the other side first wins. Does the ball hit the ground? start over.
Condition, Feet work, Standing still and Pass
Group of 3. A player in the middle and two others on the outer sideline.
- Passer walks and shuffles backwards gives pass, turns, and shuffles backwards again for the next pass. etc...
- Pass 15 balls and change after.
- give each other the right arm and bend the knees to sitting position.
- idem left arm
- pairs shake hands crossed (see picture) and bend the knees to sitting position.
- 3 to 4 players per side, positions: 4, 5 and a playmaker (if sufficient players, also defend on position 6 and 1)
- pass ball around
- defend to playmaker, set up to position 4
- pass to other players
- after every ball that is too high, rotate position
- start calmly with technical hit, and if this works, increase speed and difficulty.
- communication is important so speak to each other and help each other if necessary.
- The purpose of the game is cooperation, and the emphasis is not on scoring.