Handball drill: base: jump shot
Suitable for the following techniques: ball control, strength
Base: jump shot
- Explanation jump shot: Left - right - left - turn with left for jump - shoot in the air. Left-handed players do it the other way around
- (Eventually you have to be able to start it with both legs)
- Pay attention to height - do not jump forward. Use arms to get extra upward energy. First in slow motion!
- Trainer stands halfway the 9 meters
- Players in a row at distance
- Player throws ball to trainer, runs in, catches ball at the 9 meter and finishes with 3 passes - jump shot.
- Trainer sits on knees (or stands, depending on length) gets ball from player, player makes jump shot and throws over trainer.
- Mark floor with hats for null pass (catch and drop) and jump shot with 1 or 3 passes.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: