"Putting the opponent under pressure"
Suitable for the following techniques: defense
View drills for other technique
Putting the opponent under pressure
- All players jog in over the field (square)
- Half the number of players has a ball
- players with ball pass the ball to a player without ball (eye contact).
- The players are not allowed to keep the ball with them for longer than 5 sec.
- At the moment the trainer whistles (signal), all players without a ball sprint as fast as possible to the closest player who has a ball and try to take it away.
- The player who has the ball should try to fence it off. (1:1 duel)
- When the trainer blows the whistle again we switch back to jogging and passing!
Nice variant is when you have an odd number of players, the player who can't find a direct opponent gets a command (for example sprint over the width of the field).