Soccer drill: soccer warm-up in square or rectangle
Suitable for the following techniques: condition
Soccer warm-up in square or rectangle
- Make a square of 20 by 20 meters.
- Have half of your players (A) with ball scattered on the outside of the square.
- Have the other half of your players (B) stand in the middle of the square, without ball.
- Players B move around the middle area and by calling ask for the ball a players A.
- Player A plays the ball to player B, who does the desired action and passes it back to player A.
- Player A must always stand on his toes to make the pass.
- Player B must accelerate slightly when asking for the ball (to outrun a defender in a normal game).
- The tempo is medium to high so you have to switch within 45 seconds and 60 seconds, B to outside, A to inside. You can switch multiple times and have the players make different actions.
- Each pass should be high quality and accurate.
- Players in the middle must speed up their pace when they get into the ball.
- Players on the side are always on their toes.
- As the difficulty increases, the quality must remain high.
- All balls must stay in the square.
- Don't forget to encourage successes!
- Build up skills, e.g. 1st time for each group hit 2 times
- Then 1 only hit once
- Then hit only once and play back to another outfield player
- Add a passive defender, the players inside must accelerate to shake off the defender.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: