Volleyball drills for all skills
- 15 situps
- 20 sec planks
- 15 burpees
- 30 runs (pushup stance, bring knees to elbow on opposite side, fast pace)
- from back line to 3 meter line
- shuffle back
- Make an attack (without the ball)
- back to 3 meter line
- 3x blocks
- Dive back to backline
- you have 2 passers on ra and la
- trainer throws/serves the ball over the net to the 2 passers.
- after having called loose, pass the ball to sv on 2/3
- sv gives set up to lv
- someone on the other side of the net tries to block and otherwise retrieve the ball
- move up one spot at a time
- Make 2 teams of about 5 children.
- Each team stands on one side of the field.
- Place 5 balls on both 3meter lines.
- When the trainer calls GO, everyone rolls the balls to the other side.
- Who has the least balls in their field after 3 minutes has won.
- Start on back line (2 players, rest of the field is empty)
- Play over 3x with pass, set-up, attack.
- Pass under the net (keep playing).
- Hit the antenna with the swing.
- Failed to start again at the back line, succeeded to go to hole 2.
- Hit the ball from the backline into the net.
- Person 2 "fishes" and gives set-up (2 plays).
- Person 1 comes forward and plays overhands against the antenna.
- 2 balls per pair.
- One throws the ball, the other plays back the BH.
- Throw in the second ball when the first one comes back.
- Together they keep 2 balls in the air: so twice as much ball-contact as when working with 1 ball.
- Variations/expansions: throw something left/right (move > stand still), throw short/long.
Goal: Warming up with the ball, ending with concentration exercise on technique to keep the ball in play.
- The ball will be kept in play diagonally over the net.
- There will be 3 x replays, pass/setup/attack.
- Every time the team plays the ball over the net, they turn a spot.
- The game is slowly built up from just playing over and underhands to targeted attack from jump.
- overhand at the net and underhand in the backfield
- attack from position
- attack from jump, aimed/strike the person (through).
- The team must keep the ball in play for 30 or 60 seconds. (The team must keep the ball in play for 30 or 60 seconds.) When the ball falls to the ground the time starts over. Set a maximum time of 5 minutes, for example, if you are not successful. You can extend the time each time you do the exercise by 10 seconds and thus keep the players trainer concentrated for longer and longer on passing the ball neatly.
Note: Make sure that the players do not pass the ball over the net in a wide arc, but that they attack in a targeted manner.
If you have more than 8 players, you can also place players at the right back and play over the whole field.
- On both sides of the net there is a row of players. The first has no ball and the others do.
- Player 1 stands next to player 2.
- Player 2 smashes the ball on the ground.
- Player 1 runs after the ball and makes sure he/she is standing still when he/she has to pass. Player 1 plays the ball up in front of himself and catches it. Rejoins the back of the line.
- Player 3 smashes for player 2
- etc. etc.
- push-ups (may also be on knees) (30 sec) 2x
- 30 sec planking (straight back) 3x with 10 sec rest in between
- 1 push-up position opposite each other with a ball in between and stretching the ball from left to left
- 10x and 10x right to right.
- 10x whole tummies