volleyball drills for all skills
Per 3: 1 person at the net, 1 person on the end line, 1 person in between  ;
- Person in between is going to work each time, gets the ball from person at the net, underhand back. Turns backwards after few steps, ball from end line, underhand back. Turn back and repeat (20x reception)
- Can be thrown or hit
Per 2: 1 person at the net and 1 person on 3 meter line.
- Ball is thrown from the net to 3 meter line, overarm back.
- Move backwards, and ball is hit to end line, overarm back
- End line is tagged by this player, person at the net lets the ball drop. Dive after 1 collision
-1 defender starts behind the end line - C plays high ball in the field - 1 comes in and plays overarm to S - S sets up backwards to 4 - Attack through the middle, attacker gets the ball - 1 will be attacker, and 2 will be defender VARIATION: with block,
Then with middle attackers and then with outside attackers
Explanation of the exercise:
- The players make pairs.
- Each pair has 1 ball.
- 1 player of the pair plays the ball overarm over the net.
- The other one catches. Alternatingly.
- Add a second ball.
- As soon as a player has played the ball overarm over the net, the other play throws the ball underhand over the net.
- You can make it even more difficult by playing both the balls overarm.
Left and right to 1 side of the net a line of attackers, playmaker on fixed position (right forward), passer left back. Three blockers on the other side of the net (right forward, middle, and left forward).
Ball is thrown from the other side to passer, passes to SV, sets up alternately to the attackers; mhidden blocker can only leave when set up has been played.
Points of attention:
- position of the hands (turned to position 6); place arms over the net (lock ball)
- jump after the attacker jumps
- middle player properly connects; outside blocker puts up block from outside to inside (never the other way around)
- bring the ball into the game; S sets up to left forward
- 1 diagonal attack
- all rotate one spot when ball is over the net
- defend diagonal attack on set-upper
- set up to left forward, attack diagonally; etc.
POINTS OF ATTENTION:
- when rotating, quickly to starting position
- all provide attack defense
- right forward block put straight
line of attackers on the 3 meter line
-C plays rally ball on attacker 1
- blocker 4 goes to the net
- 1 passes to S and calls where he wants the set up
(left, middle, or right)
- blocker follows attacker and blocks
- attacker gets ball, joins back of own line
- if the attackers score 10x, the attackers and
Moving as long as you can is for me the moment the attacker is about to hit the ball. At that moment the defender makes a split step and you make sure the focus of your body is being brought forward. So do not move backwards when the ball is hit, because your focus point is behind you and you will be too late to defend the ball before you.
If the ball is defended, finish rally.
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball in the back field.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, which gives a set up for A.
- A attacks to this set up.
After the attack, A takes the place of B, and B will be reserve. The playmaker remains.
The outside attackers use one playmaker and the left side of the field. The centre attackers and the diagonal attackers use the right side with a different playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After the attack of B, A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a set up
- B attacks again.
Pass and overarm exercise
- Player A and A1 have the ball.
- This player throws the ball to player B/B1
- Player B/B1 passes the ball back 'perfectly'
- Player A/A1 then plays the ball in the basket.
- Player A/A1 picks up the ball and joins the back of the line. You follow your ball
The tempo is automatic and can be increased. Make it harder by letting player B pass elsewhere, so player A has aim for the basket. Other option: Player A throws to a more difficult spot in the field.
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.