Volleyball drills for attack / smash / spike / hitting
- Practicing defense of opponent's offense, block coverage and positioning in the backfield
- Two teams one ball.
- Get down on one knee opposite each other on the three meter line.
- Then the smash through the ground under the net, the other catches the ball and does the same.
- game form 3:3
- Points may only be scored in the backfield.
- - mandatory playing 3 times
- - mandatory smash
- If there is no smash as third ball, point opponent
- 6 players on one side
- trainer starts the rally.
- players handle ball, and play rally.
- Pay attention to how the trainer starts the rally.
- If the trainer plays a high ball in the back, the whole team must move backwards, if the trainer plays an attack on the sides, the SV must join the left/right front, in front of the block.
- The rest join in. Libero covers the block.
- - mandatory 3x play
- - Mandatory 3rd ball smash
- 2 groups, field in half lengthwise.
- Side A left 2 servers,
- Side B left 2 passers, 1 SV and 1 attacker.
- After serving, server walks into the court and chooses position other server ready for next ball.
- Pass to SV set-up
- Attacker makes correct run and jump and plays ball BH to server. Then next ball.
- On 5 occasions correct - 5 times tactical ball - task server on 3m line.
- When 3 times correct - 2 times hard attack straight ahead.
- Then turn except for SV.
- Two passers - two SV
- Attackers position 4
- Blocker 2 centre and 1 outside.
- Outside blocker indicates position.
- Center connects.
- Blockers turn around.
- Offenders retrieve ball.
- Coach plays ball.
Hitting on the outside and the middle
Except for the playmaker, the other players perform successively a reception, an attack block and a defence.
The exercise goes as follows:
- 1 player 1 hits a technical ball to player 7
- 2a player 7 passes the ball to the play distributor
- 2b player 1 walks to the other line and closes at the back.
- 3 the play dealer gives a setup to player 6
- 4 player 6 smashes the ball on the line or diagonally
- 5 player 6 retrieves his batted ball himself
- 6 player 6 serves the ball to the other mat
- 7 player 6 retrieves his own ball
- 8 player 6 joins row
- This can also be done with a middle attack
After 10 minutes a block is added
- Twos - 1 ball length of field.
- Back line has ball.
- The person at the net blocks twice.
- Then BH played on 3 mtr line BH back.
- Attacking run LRL for right handers with jump.
- Then ball on 3 mtr line OH back.
- Afterwards 2x blocking.
- 6 players play a full attack.
- Points of attention: how do you stand at the service of the opponent. (Classic/switch).
- line up players.
- go over the lines. Also play without the ball.
- After every second service, change players.