Volleyball drills for general
- Purpose of the exercise:
- To focus, communicate, master the task and persevere.
- At "A" and above, with fewer people on the field for more intensity.
- Explanation of the exercise:
- 'Chaos Easy' starts as a warm-up, but ends as a true battle.
- The players are placed in the field (it doesn't matter where).
- The ball is caught and immediately thrown over the net (one play).
- As the player catches, he throws the ball. .
- The players on the team are turned over one spot.
- It is striking how difficult it is to score.
- When someone throws wrong (in net or out), they have to sprint around the opponent's field.
- Duration of the exercise:
- 5-10 minutes.
- Along both sides of the net stand groups in 2.
- In this group of 2, someone throws the ball and the other does underhand.
- To make it harder:
- Throw left & right
- Or throw backwards & forwards.
- Trainers with ball cart on field B
- Players with hoop on field A on 7m-line
- Players hold the hoop with 2 hands
- Trainer throws the ball in an arc over the net
- Player comes in and puts the hoop on the spot where the ball is going to fall
- Same as 1, but catches the ball with 2 hands at navel height
- Same as 2, but now plays the ball underhand.
- Players in a row on p1
- Trainer with ball pit on p2
- Trainer throws balls in an arc in the middle of the field.
- Players must:
- Catch and pass the ball and throw it in the ballcage.
- Turn to p1 and catch at belly height.
- Make a turn in the run and catch the ball
- Sprint from lying position to the ball and catch it
- At the place where the ball is going to fall, lie down and let the ball bounce on your back
In beach volleyball, learn to set and play compactly.
- 1 player at the net as attacker.
- 1 player in defense (line).
- The other players take turns to give a set on defense.
- After their set they go back to the back of the line.
The coach pays attention to the following
- That the defense brings the ball in compactly.
- That the setters distribute the ball to the attacker with the right footwork, hand technique and height.
- They also have to bring their set to the right hand of the attacker.
- Coach stands in the middle, right at the net.
- Three players are standing in the field.
- Trainer throws/plays the ball to the players.
- It does not matter how they do it, but the ball must get to the trainer.
- Trainer may not take more than one step to get the ball.
- The ball can also be played to the trainer in two or three times.
- When there are 7 or more players the same thing can be done at the other side, but then instead of a trainer there is a player at the net.
- It is important to make sure that the ball is passed to the trainer.
- If there are extra players, someone can stand in the queue.
- If the ball falls to the ground, the substitute will take that spot. (In the case of a large difference in level of play the substitution can be made as well).
- Per person 2 balls
- One ball between the legs/under the arm, other in two hands on a side of choice, throw ball straight up and catch with two hands
- When the ball is up on one side, throw the other ball up on the other side.
- Keep arms straight, throw as much as possible straight up
- Pairs 2 balls.
- One person throws a ball straight to the other person
- Meanwhile the other person throws his ball straight up and throws it back.
- Then catch your own ball
- The purpose of the exercise is to train the defender A in his reaction ability as well as to work together in handling the ball.
- Important for this exercise:
- EVERYTHING is touche!
- The ball that is played/tossed by the trainer (high and far; not hit!) is allowed to come well outside the lines, because the ball must be handled as if it jumped off the block.
- A. stands with his back to the net and concentrates on the defenders B/C.
- If the ball is played by T/Sv. then either B or C demands the ball ("LOS!") and moves to play the ball.
- A. sprints after B/C and offers himself vocally ("HERE!").
- B/C must be able to hear where A is before playing the ball.
- B/C plays the ball high to A and A plays the ball well inside the 3-metre box. T./Sv. makes the catch.
- If there are 8 or more players, this exercise can be done at both ends; if there are less than 8 players, it is played at one end and B/C rotate with players waiting outside the lines.
- In that case, work at a high tempo so that nobody stands still for too long.
- A. changes after 5 or 10 balls; every player takes the position A. twice.
- NOTE: The exercise goes at a high tempo!
- When A. has handled the ball, the next ball follows immediately.
- It is up to the player turning in the ball to get in position in time!
- Place a basket on a spot of your choice within the 3-meter section.
- The second ball must touch the basket (top) or go through the basket.
- T strikes ball to libero, 2 attackers start at the net.
- Pass, set-up and attack on position 3 or 4.
- Outside, inside hand on ball, center joins in.
- Centre blocks with emphasis on shielding position 1/2.
- Then service (float) to position 1.
- Attack on positions 2 and 3 and service to position 5.