Basketball drills for all skills
2 lines shooting drill
- Basket 1: Centers/power forwards.
- Passer (Guard). Post up in the bucket with defender.
- Offense stays offense until offense gets 5 baskets.
- One try per post-up. If miss, pass ball to the passer. Till 5.
- Then other team. Then switch defender/offender.
- Each player twice in offense and twice in defense.
- Everyone has a ball
- Right back left
- Cross over : Accelerate after the cross
- pass through the legs to the other hand
- Fastbreak, ball over midcourt, defender on midcourt touches circle and joins defence.
- Goal, quick execution fastbreak. (Before 3rd defender joins) 1 try.
- Row A, 3-point line on baseline.
- Row B, with ball mid-bucket. Player throws ball against the board.
- Player A starts running, (the lane), without holding back.
- B picks up rebound and gives long fastbreak pass.
- Goal pass so player B can finish directly with 2-count rhythm.
- Player A makes lay-up and dribbles back via the other side and joins row B.
- Players B after pass to row A.
- 30 sec jumping jacks
- 30 sec sit ups
- 30se squats
- 30 sec push up and turn arm up
- 30 sec high knee running in place
- 30 sec lunges
- 30 sec plank
- Row A, half number of players.
- Left side ashes half.
- Pawn at three-point line on left side of field.
- Spindribble right, coming out on top of bucket set or jumpshot.
- Finish with jump stop, around your man (pawn), right hand without board from in front of the basket.
- Row B, half number of players.
- Right side of the field.
- 1st pawn cross dribble left/right, 2nd pawn reverse dribble, 3rd pawn 2x through legs.
- Wave from mid-court. (Tempo)
- Free-throws 2x2 p.p. After 2 shots. Slides from back-court to mid. Sprint back. (Tempo)
- Shooting drill bucket. 2 rows under the basket. One with ball. Get ball from passer just outside bucket. Shooter rebounds own shot. Change rows. Pass-shot-rebound in quick order.
- If we run two line lay-ups. Always with an outlet. Tempo!