Volleyball drills for all skills
- Make threes
- Each trio one ball.
- Player in the middle runs an 8 each time. Each time this player gets in the middle, a ball is thrown:
- A throws (or plays overhand) the ball to B (in the middle).
- B plays the ball back to A underhand and then runs around A until he is in the middle again.
- A meanwhile passes the ball overhead to C.
- C plays the ball overhand back to B.
- B passes the ball back to C underhand and then runs around C until he is in the middle again.
- After 2-3 minutes, the player in the middle changes.
- To make it easier, player A and C can also have them throw instead of playing overhand. This can be an underhand throw/catch or an overhand throw/catch.
- To practice standing still while playing/catching, you can also let player B throw and catch underhand.
- 2 rows:
- first players ready to play ball (no ball in hands)
- Other players with ball
- 2nd player throws the ball into the field and player 1:
- Runs towards the ball, 1x OH and then catch
- Runs towards the ball, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs for the ball, 1x OH, 1x BH and then catch
- Connect with ball in the back of the line
- High tempo and adapt to the player.
- Player 1 at position LF at the net, player 2 at MA to defend.
- Player 3 (= SV) on RA (use pawn to indicate RV position; SV has to start behind it).
- LF throws ball to MA with arc.
- SV runs in at that point from RA, around the pawn (RV on ~3 meter line) to SV position (between MV and RV position)
- MA passes the ball to SV
- SV catches the ball above the head (all players turn 1 spot, or repeat exercise 5 times)
- Can be extended with setup to LF where
- player 1 throws the ball from the net
- then goes to the 3 meter line (for the run to attack)
- simulates an attack and takes care of the setup.
- If necessary expand with an attack instead of catching.
- 2 rows of players behind the backline & 1 playmaker(SV) at the net
- first of both rows lies on stomach
- trainer stands at the other side of the net
- hits the ball and throws the ball
- players stand up and pass to SV
- SV gives set-up to player who did not pass.
- This attacker retrieves the ball and brings it back to the trainer.
- After a while have the second player change with the first player.
- Player A serves the ball to player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player D attacks.
Goal: try to attack/play 3rd ball on the mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball move one place in your own group.
Extension: When there are enough players, one could also choose to place a block.
4 laps around the field in a running pace.
Stand on the backline and calmly walk to the net.
backwards to the backline.
Alternately lift your left and right knee to 90 degrees back to the net (knee lift 90gr)
Heels back to the back line. (2x)
Calm walk to the net, left arm turns forward.
back to the back line right arm turns forward.
Calm walk to the net with both arms turning forward at the same time. back to
the back line walk forward arms turning backwards.
cross pass back and forth.
On your heels to the middle of the field and then on your toes to the net.
Back 8 skippings with high knee deployment and then a short sprint and easy run to the back line.
At the back line, do the same thing again, but now towards the net.
On the baseline again 8
skippings with a sprint to the net. Same again.
After this again active skipping with high explosiveness.
3 sets of 15 movements half squats. (Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and toes pointing slightly outwards) You move as if sitting down to 45 degrees. (15x without stopping) 10 count break and again 15x and then 10 count rest and again 15x.
Lunge (get out, knee not past the toes and back straight arms in the side) 3x left, 3x right (4 sets)
Reach to the net.
Stand facing the net, arms above your head and at a leisurely pace make your back as long as possible (pretend) 3 sets of 5 stretches.
Shoulder girdle slowly.
Stand with your back to it about 50 cm from the net. Raise your arms above your head.
Go to the net with your hands while gently arching your back and hit the net. Also 3 sets of 5 repetitions.
- Team in line up in field A. In field B 3 blockers and 3 serves.
- Team B serves on team A who come to attack.
- Blockers try to block. Time change.
- Players divide into 2 teams.
- Each team has its own mat that they must get to the other side as quickly as possible, by taking turns diving on it.
- Whichever mat reaches the other side first, that team has won!
- Competition with catching and throwing. S
- erve from the field. Every time you throw a ball over the net you have to turn around a spot.
- If you make a mistake you have to leave the field.
- If your team catches the ball 3 times in a row you may go back into the field!