Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- Play the ball for yourself overhead,
- if it goes well, only do it underhand,
- and later on alternate
- 4 gives setup on 1 and 1 plays BH to 2. 2 defends to 3,
- 3 sets up 2 and 2 plays BH to 1,
- 1 defends on 4 and it starts all over again.
- After 3 and 4 have given 5 setups they are exchanged,
- The challenge is to do this while keeping the ball in play.
- If this goes well the team will attack technically instead of playing BH.
- 3 teams,
- 2 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball at the backline flat on belly.
- Net player 1 hits ball, defender stands up and defends attack at about 6 meters,
- Afterwards short ball on 3 meter by net player 2.
- Repeat 2 series of 20 balls (so 10x attack and 10x short).
- 1 with ball on the backline
- 1 without ball at the net facing the net
- make a block jump at the net (pay attention to a straight landing)
- after landing, turn around and defend short ball on 6m line
Per 3: 1 person at the net, 1 person on the back line, 1 person in between.
- Person in between goes to work, gets ball from person at the net, OH back. Turns around a few steps backwards, ball from back line, OH back. Turn back around and repeat (20x reception).
- Can be with or without stroke.
In pairs: 1 person at the net and 1 person on 3 meter line.
- Ball is tested from the net to 3 meter line, BH back.
- Move backwards and ball is hit to backline can also be a touch, OH back
- Back line is tapped by this player, person at the net plays the ball back to the 3 meter line with 1 control key (20x change)
Place the thick mat against the net (for large groups, 2 mats).
- The attackers must hit their attack against the thick mat. The defenders should be behind the attacker to defend the ball.
- The attacker "pokes" the ball over the block. The defence passes the ball to themselves
- Teams of 3 or 4 players.
- One team on each side of the net.
- One court is the winners court (Kings Court).
- From the other court is served.
- The team that wins the point goes to, or stays on, the winners court.
- The losing team leaves the court and is replaced by a new team who will also serve.
- (be ready with a ball !).
- Only self made points from Kings Court count.
- exercise in pairs
- one player has a cone in his hands,
- the other player has a tennis ball,
- both players stand at 4m from each other and the tennis ball is thrown over.
- The intention is that the person with the cone then catches the tennis ball in the cone,
- This player also adopts a correct position to play reception,
- the throwing of the ball can be varied:
- with bots
- left or right of the player
- 3 attackers at the net, rest at the backline
- Attack, drop, attack => drop, attack, drop
- slalom between the posts and connecting again
- each 5 times