volleyball drills for all skills
- The team is divided in 2 groups.
- Place a group on both sides of the net.
- 1 side will serve, the other side positions 3 passers
- They try to pass the ball high and this has to be caught on their own side.
- Servers take turns.
- A new passer will enter the field to replace the one who has caught the ball.
2 They play until 10 points. The servers score a point if the ball is not caught. The passers get a point if it is caught. Incorrect service does not count. After a round, they switch sides.deround with 2 passers instead of 3.
- this exercise, the attackers get the mission to immediately score with their attack. The defense has to prevent this of course.
A permanent playmaker is used. A number of attackers is on one side of the playing field with a ball. They play the ball to the playmaker, who will give the set up for the attacker.
If the attacker scores, he joins the back of the line of attackers (as reward). If the attacker does not score, he has to defend. Rotating happens in the following way. attacker - A - B - C - D - attacker.
In defense, A is the blocker.
Make it clear upfront what immediate scoring means: ball on the ground, even if there is no playable defense.
- permanent playmaker
- line of attackers with ball plays ball to sv
- Set-up to attacker 1
- If attack scores, join line attackers
- Otherwise attacker 1 to A - B - C- D- attacker
- In defense: A = blocker, BCD= back
The four quart fields have been numbered (see triangles in picture) The goal is to reach field 1 as a team by not making any mistakes!
The game begins with bringing the ball into the field. This can be done by the trainer, but also a player can throw the ball over the net.
The pair that receives the ball plays the ball over the net by playing three times (mandatory!) etc..
The team that makes a mistake leaves the field (in case of 5 teams) or goes to field four (in case of 4 teams).
The other teams rotate a field.
So when the team in field two makes a mistake, they leave the field, field 3 rotates to field 2, field 4 to field 3, and the fifth team goes to field 4 .
After 10 minutes the game stops, and the team in field 1 is the winner!
Improving the pass by positioning the shoulders in the playing direction
Pay close attention in exercises:
- Pass has to be high so player can catch ball 'overarm'.
- Pass to the right, right foot forward
- Pass to the left, left foot forward
- 'Eyes' of the shoulders in playing direction
- trios with 1 ball
- 1 an 2 are next to each other, not too close to the net.
- 3 is opposite 1, in the back of the field.
- 1 throws straight to 3, and 3 throws diagonally to 2.
- 2 catches and throws straight to 3, and 3 throws diagonally to 1.
- 3 keeps moving.
Service pass training for 4 to 12 persons
2 servers on the service spot .
(static) Server serves, passer passes the ball to catcher, catcher catches the ball and rolls it back to the server.
(dynamic) same as static, but then the involved player walks after the ball. (server becomes passer, passer becomes catcher, etc.)
(Static) see four persons
(dynamic) server serves the ball and walks after his/her ball.
Passer passes the ball to catcher. The most right player becomes catcher
Server moves in from the left. Catcher becomes server. If this does not work, 1 passer becomes reserve.
1 - dive to 3 meter 2 - attack jump with hitting movement 3 - block on mid and left 4 - block at the same time with 3 block and 2x dive to end line ( links, rechts) 5 - low defense to 6 over the end line 6 sprint back 3 times around
Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists
stomach muscle exercises
20 x up, 20 x tapping ankles, 20 x tapping foot, 20 x knees to the left, 20 x knees to the right
Movement prep and core stability:
hip cross over 10 x, scorpion 10 x, planking 10 sec, planking left, planking right
- The players are lined up in two lines on both sides of the net
- The front two players play the ball overarm over the net
- They move to the next line, play overarm again, and move along the net while playing.
- Then the next two, etc
- Then they make two lines at the middle of the net, play overarm, and then make a block jump in the middle, and join at the back, etc.
- Then overarm and a block jump to the outside
- first explain technique (heart shape, 10 fingers playing the ball)
- pairs, only play overarm, begin with catching throwing.
- slowly expand to short contact
- distance not too long and concentration.
- pay close attention to fingers in heart shape and playing with 10 fingers
- it is about the success experience,
- Trainers: shows basis, right leg forward, make plank, step in, etc.
- In pairs with 1 ball. Player at the net throws ball to player in the back which passes back. Is the pass correct, then play overarm, but be strict!! 20 balls, then change.
(Score keeping every good ball is a point)
- Idem, only now the balls are thrown short/long, so back player has to move forwards/backwards.
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.