Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then gives a setup for B.
- B attacks this setup.
After the attack, A takes B's place and B becomes a reserve. The playmaker stays.
The attackers use the left half of the court with one playmaker. The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After B's attack A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a setup.
- B attacks again.
- 3 teams, per 3 teams 2 balls.
- 2 persons at the net - 4 meters apart - 1 person in the back (6 m).
- Pass 25 balls in high tempo.
- Accent on staying low
Apart from technique, communication is important in volleyball. And both aspects also apply to this exercise. And reacting adequately to situations that go differently than normal. In this kind of exercise you can see very well how different players are.
- We start with 5 minutes of serving for everyone.
- Then this exercise begins
- Three players line up to pass (numbers 3, 4 and 5). Player 2 stands ready at the side of the same court. The other players are ready with the ball to serve on the other side.
- Player 1 serves the ball (and then immediately runs to where player 2 is already standing)
- A player passes the ball. Another player gives a setup. And the third player plays the ball over the net. All three players must play the ball, either a pass, or a setup, or an attack.
- Once the ball is over the net, the players turn: 2 goes into the court (where 3 was first) 3 goes to mid-back, 4 goes to the spot of 5 and 5 goes the serving spot of the other half.
- Then the next player can serve, on the drawing this is player 8. Etc.
- Team setup, when possible on two sides.
- 1 side serves the team
- team that receives service tries to score.
- After scoring 3 times, rotate 1 position.
Team setup side A, remaining players side B in two rows at position 2 and 4. Attacking the team.
Emphasis is on proper blocking and defense. In defence make sure you are low, on your front feet and move until the ball is hit.
Note: what are your agreements in defence with regard to the block?
1 side of the field: 1 player on 2, 1 player on 4 on the 3 meter line (possible reserves)
Other side of the field: 1 player on 2 and on 4 at the net, 1 player on 5 and on 1 (possible reserves)
- Throwing over Players on the 3 meter line on 2/4 are going to throw over the ball in overhand technique to 1 and 5. These players will catch the OH and bring it to 2/4 at the net. After-action: Blocking at the net + diving off after having passed the ball.
- Passing: To 1/5, still bring ball to 2/4. 2/4 at the net go and catch the ball BH in correct technique. After-action: Blocking at the net+ diving off after a hit.
1 person in the middle on the other side of the net:
- Ball is skipped/thrown to 1/5 (make clear choice), 1/5 play ball to center of field(3) 1 meter from net.
- This person is going to play the ball to the one who has not taken a reception. When 1 has taken reception, 5 comes to the net in front and is going to hit this ball to 1. 1 brings this reception back to 3.
- 3 turns to other side by RS stays standing, attacker becomes 3, reserve comes in.
- After-action: block + tap wall
- C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4
- 1 and 2 after block attack
- 3 and 4 defend, defender comes in
- Set-up to 1,2 or 3, attack to 3 defenders.
- They defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
In pairs playing fanatically
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on the backline, flat on belly.
- Attacker hits the ball, defender defends on 7 meter line,
- Then short ball on 3meter line.
- the coach is at the net.
- 1 person in the field.
- the trainer throws difficult balls
- the person in the field has to touch the balls 3 times in a row.
- if he/she does not do this, you continue until he/she succeeds.
- The rest of the players stand around the field to catch the balls and put them back in the cart.