Volleyball drills for serving
Blue servesRed passes
to 2/3 (catcher)
to 2/3 (catcher)
- After the serve
- Waiting room red
- After the pass
- 2 players on p5 and p6
- Catcher on p2/3
- 2 server on p1
- Service on p5 or p6
- Pass to p2/3 and catch. Roll the ball to P1.
- After 5x good passes, the passer changes to catcher and a server comes to pass.
- The receiver starts serving.
- No more catching, but setup to 4 and catching there.
- 2 trios, 1 on the service field and the other on the other side.
- Service, pass and attack on 3m (out of position).
- Defend and play with only 3m attacks.
- In case of more than one trio, rotate through.
- It is possible to have a reserve trio on each court.
- 3 teams serve each other calmly, A serves straight through
- Two defenders, B passes underhand to C
- C gives a set-up, preferably overhand and plays the ball back to B
- B plays the ball over the net
- After 5 good balls exchange
- Serve from p1 on 2 or 3 players. (p1, p6)
- Sv on p2/3.
- Attacker on P4B opposite block P2A.
- Libero on P5A and defender on P6B.
- Process service pass into attack on 4.
- If score, serve again. (max 2x)
- If defended, pass to OH and attack again.
- Passer becomes attacker, attacker becomes block, then defender, then server.
- Server goes to reserve passer.
- Both sides serve at the same time (or as much as possible at the same time); the defender makes the pass to position  and at position  the ball is caught.
- The players run along the blue lines.
- With larger teams, players can be added in the waiting room.
- With more than 10 players the speed of the exercise is lost.
- Serves pass well.
- Therefore, there MUST be straight serving, but the server must want to score.
- The passer will not be trained properly if during the training he only gets to play easy balls.
- Of course, the serving pressure can be increased during the training.
- 1 server, on the other side of the field 3 passers, with behind them again 3 passers who are ready.
- The server taps the ball, the passers run to the middle line, run backwards and the server serves.
- Play 3 times, everyone on the field.
- Change positions.
- Then with back to server, taps the ball, passers run into the field after which the server serves.
- Player starts serving, straight through, on the other side a defender is passing.
- The passer passes to the trainer.
- After service the player runs directly to position 5, where the trainer throws a ball for passing at 2-3.
- Fixed playmaker, gives set-up on the outside.
- After passing, the player makes an attack.
- 2 blockers, defense behind the block and defense at left back.
- The attacker becomes outside blocker.
- Outside blocker becomes inside blocker.
- Inside blocker goes to defend behind the block.
- Defender behind the block starts defending at left back.
- The left back picks up the ball and connects with the servers.
- Hang a ribbon from the net at the spot where the playmaker wants the ball in his hands.
- The ribbon is the target for the passers.
- Three passers stand in the backfield and one player stands at the net.
- The passers are served continuously, and the servers MUST score.
- (low over the net and as deep as possible; when the passers change their position, the servers have to react to that).
- A pass is sent to the server who taps the ball through, gives a set-up or catches the ball (in case of a pass that cannot be handled).
- The trainer intercepts the set-up; if the exercise is going well, an attacker can be added.
- After 10 individual good passes a passer may change with a server of his choice.