Volleyball drills for serving
- 1 player in the pass
- 1 player at the net with the ball
- 1 player with ball on the back line
- Player serves on passer
- At that moment the player at the net rolls the ball to the server
- Ball is passed and caught at the net
- Repeat 5 times
- Then turn around
- Divide the team in pairs.
- Player 1 stands on the backline of the court and player 2 stands on a random spot on the other side of the net.
- The intention is that player 1 serves the ball into the hands of player 2.
- Player 2 is not allowed to step aside. If player 1 serves underarm into the hands of player 2 he gets 1 point.
- Overhand? --> 2 points.
- Change after 10 balls.
- The team with the most points wins.
- Both sides serve at the same time (or as much as possible at the same time); the defender makes the pass to position  and at position  the ball is caught.
- The players run along the blue lines.
- With larger teams, players can be added in the waiting room.
- With more than 10 players the speed of the exercise is lost.
- Serves pass well.
- Therefore, there MUST be straight serving, but the server must want to score.
- The passer will not be trained properly if during the training he only gets to play easy balls.
- Of course, the serving pressure can be increased during the training.
- Serve from p1 on 2 or 3 players. (p1, p6)
- Sv on p2/3.
- Attacker on P4B opposite block P2A.
- Libero on P5A and defender on P6B.
- Process service pass into attack on 4.
- If score, serve again. (max 2x)
- If defended, pass to OH and attack again.
- Passer becomes attacker, attacker becomes block, then defender, then server.
- Server goes to backup passer.
- 3 teams serve each other calmly, A serves straight through
- Two defenders, B passes underhand to C
- C gives a set-up, preferably overhand and plays the ball back to B
- B plays the ball over the net
- After 5 good balls exchange
- 2 trios, 1 on the service field and the other on the other side.
- Service, pass and attack on 3m (out of position).
- Defend and play with only 3m attacks.
- In case of more than one trio, rotate through.
- It is possible to have a reserve trio on each court.
- 2 players on p5 and p6
- Catcher on p2/3
- 2 server on p1
- Service on p5 or p6
- Pass to p2/3 and catch. Roll the ball to P1.
- After 5x good passes, the passer changes to catcher and a server comes to pass.
- The receiver starts serving.
- No more catching, but setup to 4 and catching there.
Blue servesRed passes
to 2/3 (catcher)
to 2/3 (catcher)
- After the serve
- Waiting room red
- After the pass
- Divide the group into pairs
- Of which one pair at the other side (serve)
- 1st team is ready for the pass.
- After the serve the first server goes to the other side,
- After the serve, the 2nd server joins the 1st server across the court.
- Defenders: build up an attack, ball must be in threes
- The pair that defended/attacked