Volleyball drills for all skills
- Server plays the ball towards position 6
- 1 of the 2 passers, passes the ball towards the playmaker(SV)
- SV plays the ball to the front left or right
- Attacker (A) completes the attack (attack pass to net)
server -> passer
passer -> attack
attack -> server
- Everybody throw a ball up and catch at the highest point with a jump
- Smash ball against the wall. Think of movement, cross, and wrist movement.
- Throw ball up, smash against the wall. try to hit at highest point, think of wrist
- Stand on the back line, throw the ball up and try to smash the ball over the net through the ground. try to hit the ball at the highest point.
- Stand on the back line, throw the ball up, jump, and try to smash the ball over the net through the ground.
- Think of hitting the highest point, and wrist.
Aim: Players Setup from 1st time + targeted attack.
- T plays ball high over the net in the attack zone.
- Sv enters from pos.1 and sets up for -or backwards.
- A attacks on the mat/goal.
Expand : Block, middle attack, ...
Goal : develop game insight for attack
- A1 plays the ball to SV.
- Sv set-up to pos.4 where A attacks.
- At the moment A attacks, A1 plays a second ball to SV.
- B & B1 take care of the block. (B1 always starts from pos.3), L defense.
- Second attack of A. place ball. L stands on a mat. Where L is not standing should be played to.
We try to grow into a match form. Block gets points when attack can be stopped. Attack when scored or ball on the mat. Defender when defended.
Goal: Libero training and defense
- T plays in tempo the balls to SV.
- SV set-up (2nd tempo) to A (position 3) --> targeted attack to position 1 or to B (position 4) --> targeted attack to position 6.
- L starts from pos 6 + defense to SV2
Extension 1 : After defense from L to SV, set-up to position 4 where C attacks (aimed)
Extension 2 : L2 defended attack from C, C is going to catch ball.
Purpose: peripheral view.
- C plays the ball to L.
- L plays the ball to pos 3/2 --> SV2
- Meanwhile, B3 moves to pos 2 or 4. (draw. to 2)
- SV2 setup to the pos. where there is only one block.
- C goes blocking
- A attacks.
- T plays ball to SV1
- SV1 setup to attacker where there are two blocks.
Extension : field defense.
Goal of the exercise is, the playmaker must try to make sure that on the other side of the net a double block can not be formed.
- T plays the balls at a high pace towards pos. 3.
- SV walks in and gives set-up for -or backwards to fool the block.
- B tries to come to a drawbar block on attack.
- SV passes around T after set-up.
- SV1 & 2 switch positions after each set-up.
- Add field defense. (Liberos)
- B's play ball high back over to attacker passing towards pos 3/2
- Exercise starts again from pass attacker.
The goal of the core is, that the players can play the ball far overhead
- The players face each other in pairs and play overhead
- Hands well above the head, from the legs, body stretching and point towards the ball when releasing
- The players stand further and further apart from each other.
- Then we form two rows diagonally across the field and we play BH, chasing your ball
- Holding a plate with your hands at the 9 and 3 positions, this exercise builds the core and also develops upper body strength.
- Specific to volleyball, it helps the shoulder stay healthy and aids in the transfer of power from the core to the upper body.