volleyball drills for Condition
Goal of the exercise is, the playmaker must try to make sure that on the other side of the net a double block can not be formed.
- T plays the balls at a high pace towards pos. 3.
- SV walks in and gives set-up for -or backwards to fool the block.
- B tries to come to a drawbar block on attack.
- SV passes around T after set-up.
- SV1 & 2 switch positions after each set-up.
- Add field defense. (Liberos)
- B's play ball high back over to attacker passing towards pos 3/2
- Exercise starts again from pass attacker.
- Some volleyball players choose to do stationary mat twist exercise for improving core rotational speed.
- Keep in mind that you need to prepare a mat as well as weight (or a medicine ball) for this exercise.
- First of all, you should kneel on a mat and hold a weight (or a medicine ball). Now, your job is to rotate to the right and then return to the center.
- You also need to rotate to the left and then return back to the center.
- It’s another exercise that helps volleyball players develop foot speed.
- Uphill acceleration sprints involve sprinting on an uphill incline.
- You should perform sprints for a certain distance a set number of times.
- It’s a good idea to experiment with sprints.
- Set a number of repetitions, distance as well as the duration of break for sprints.
- Doing exercises like colored cones circles helps improve foot speed that’s incredibly important for a volleyball player.
- First of all, you should prepare randomly colored cones.
- You should also ask a coach (or friend) to assist you with this exercise.
- At the next stage, you need to place colored cones in the circle.
- Your goal is to create a circle that is 20 feet wide.
- Now, you need to stand in the center of the circle.
- The job of a coach (or friend) is to pick one of colored cones for you.
- So, you will need to approach to the appropriate cone as soon as possible and then return back to the circle’s center using a crossover step.
- It’s fair to say that volleyball is a very fast game.
- That means that a volleyball player should be able to move quickly to do great job on the court.
- Volleyball players should focus on increasing foot speed as well as core rotational speed.
- Now, it’s time for you to get familiar with some of the best volleyball exercises for explosive speed.
- Volleyball players should do high knee skips for a number of reasons.
- It’s important to know that doing this type of exercise has a positive impact on a volleyball player’s calves, hamstrings and hip flexors.
- If you do this type of exercise regularly then you will be able to improve your vertical jump, endurance and coordination over time.
- Oftentimes, a volleyball player needs to jump off one leg during the game.
- It’s worth noting that this type of jumping is done by both attackers and defensive volleyball players.
- That’s the reason why athletes should do single leg bound exercise regularly.
- Actually, this volleyball exercise has many great benefits.
- First and foremost, doing single leg bound helps volleyball players succeed in jumping off one leg.
- On the other hand, this exercise helps a volleyball player gain the confidence that he/she needs to do this type of jumping.
- The exercise also positively affects a volleyball player’s hip as well as hip flexor and quads.
- It’s crucial for volleyball players to do single leg bound exercise the right way.
- When jumping off one leg you should try to keep your opposite knee up as high as it’s possible.
- Split jump lunge is the volleyball exercise that offers a great way of strengthening glutes, quads and hips.
- So, this exercise will have a huge positive impact on your vertical jump.
- It’s worth noting that this exercise requires some balance as well as a lot of strength from a lower body.
- It’s very important for you to take the right position before starting a split jump lunge.
- You should keep your knee directly over your foot.
- On the other hand, your knee shouldn’t go over your toe.
- Then, you need to drop down into the lunge.
- Now, it’s time for you to push both your feet simultaneously and switch legs.
- Lastly, you should gently land on the floor keeping your feet wide.
- You should also raise the opposite arm of your front leg while landing.
Divide children in pairs; 1 counter and 1 performing the exercise
- 4 hoops are in a square. The distance between the hoops is 5 meters. In every hoop is a ball. The player starts in a corner with a ball.
- Change as many balls as possible, in which the ball has to be put in the hoop. The player has to look the same direction the entire time.
- Every player has 1 turn.
- Count the number of ball changes in 45 seconds.
Directions for the counters
- The balls have to be put in the hoops. If the ball rolls out, the player has to go back to put the ball back in the hoop!
- All four hoops have to be processed in order. The player is not allowed to run between 2 hoops and change the balls!
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.