Volleyball drills for defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- Divide the group over the 2 fields.
- 2 players on pos 2 with 1 ball, 1 on 4, 1 on 5 and 1 on 1
Ball is played from p2 BH to 4.
On p4 the ball is hit technically to p1.
This one defends the ball on 3m p3 and at that moment the player on p5 comes to play the ball BH to p2.
And it starts all over again.
- Running: from p2 to p4 to p5 to p1 and again to p2
- Divide the field in 2 halves.
- 1st half of the field defending 10 balls thrown by the trainer.
- 2nd half of the field self setting training.
- Half of the group works, other half passes balls and ensures ball safety.
- 2 trainers pass balls.
- Player enters court, does split-step and taps ground with 2 hands.
- T touches 1st ball which is defended to catch at position 2/3, T touches 2nd ball which the player defends again after moving and split-step.
- All this at position 5, 6 and 1.
- Find out what the players can do.
- On field A 2 persons without the ball. 1 at the net and 1 at 3m. at position 4 and a SV at 2/3.
- Further on field A a row with ball on 6.
- On field B a defender on 6 and 5.
- Defending and (for now) catching and connecting on field A.
- Method of working:
- Player on 6 throws/plays the ball to SV.
- At the moment of set-up the player at 4 moves backwards at the net (a C-run) and attacks the passed ball.
- Both SV and player give attacking cover.
- The attacker takes the place of the passer.
- Later move attack to 3 and defenders to 1 and 5.
- 6 players per field.
- 2 on each side of the net in position 1.
- Pass to 5 or 6, build up and pass the ball to the server.
- The server defends to position 6, who executes the first contact, and the previous server sets the ball to position 2, the defence player.
- As long as there are 2 balls, keep going, if 1 is dropped, go for the point.
- The player moves left and right into the backfield.
- As soon as the ball is played, the defender stands still and passes the ball back to the player who introduced it.
- Ladder exercise.
- Sideways movement to between pos. 4 and 5, body turns towards attacker.
- Defence on attack.
- Variant ladder exercise:
- After defence, passer sets ball to pos 4 + attack.
- Pass can also go to blue player (attacker), white player then gets another free ball, on which she definitely gets the pass.
- After defence, the passer can play a move ball to either the white or the blue player, then pass to one of the two.
- Turn over:
- Defence => attack => ladder
- At least 2 reserve players on ladder and attack.
- In case of more players: add a block.
- From standing position move backwards and roll to center of field.
- Starting position defense - outside foot in front, on the line.
- Move to 7M and then roll to center of field.
- A few times without the ball, then with the ball.
- 3 teams serve each other calmly, A serves straight through
- Two defenders, B passes underhand to C
- C gives a set-up, preferably overhand and plays the ball back to B
- B plays the ball over the net
- After 5 good balls exchange