Hockey drill: flank attack with running players
Suitable for the following techniques: push pass, ball control, passing, attack, dribbling, hitting, positional play, condition
Flank attack with running players
- Depending on the level of the player, put a bit larger or smaller.
- Can also be mirrored with a backhand finish.
- Ball starts at red.
- White runs back to give support and gets the ball.
- When they take the ball, they accelerate to the side where blue has walked to.
- Red makes the point of the triangle backwards and is played.
- Blue runs deep and white goes to the head of the circle.
- Blue is played and passes the ball to the player on head circle who scores.
Points of attention:
- Acceleration on take-off
- After a pass follows a run
- High ball pace
- Look at what is happening and anticipate
- Searching for eye contact
Possibly expand to
- or 3:2
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: